Roles Channel Operations and Programs
Annual Package 100,000 - 150,000
Career Level DirectorManager
Experience 8 Years +
Education Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: Responsible for driving global Partner program development that supports the Ribbon channel ecosystem inclusive of Distributor, VAR, Systems Integrator, Service Provider and aaS partners for the commercial and US Federal markets while considering the unique needs of two product business units. Keeping a pulse on the partner community, the ideal candidate will design new programs that align with Ribbon’s goals of increasing channel revenue and creatively identifying tools and processes that make working with Ribbon easy and measuring key KPIs possible.
• Define the vision and architect for the Global Partner Program framework and processes.
• Define the framework and processes for all Ribbon Partner programs.
• Build effective partner programs that will recruit, onboard, incentivize, enable and support partners in sourcing and driving deals along-side the Ribbon channel and sales team.
• Create the program requirements and benefits and bring relevant productive partner programs to fruition.
• Work closely with the Theater Channel Leads globally to gather program requirements and timelines to drive program success.
• Create and present for approval all partner programs inclusive of expected expense and ROI to Ribbon Deals Desk for approval.
• Work closely with legal and finance departments to ensure legal compliance of all program elements.
• Work with legal teams to create and update and approve partner agreements.
• Work closely with channel theatre leads around the world to determine specific needs or requirements for programs to meet specific regional and global objectives.
• Work with the PLM, finance, and operations teams to ensure all of the downstream reporting, payments, portals and tools are in place to successfully launch defined programs.
• Work closely with the VP of Global Partner Program Development and Strategy to ensure all programs meet strategic imperatives.
• Define and collaborate with PLM and Ribbon Training to build a Partner Program framework for partner certification programs and competency assessments.
• Present partner program ideas and results to senior management.
• Identify the needs of the partner with respect to tools and processes for operational efficiency.
2 Ribbon Communications Confidential and Proprietary
• Manage the introduction of new tools as appropriate (channel mechanics, Partner configurator/quoting).
• Work with Partner Marketing to ensure marketing and communication plan lines up with Channel Program and Sales initiatives.
• Create channel partner program documents to clearly identify the benefits, terms and conditions, rules of engagement, and collateral that support programs globally.
• Manages Global partner MDF and BDF budget and approvals.
• Manage and prioritize the requirements of the Ribbon Partner Program into Ribbon IT for development.
• Maintain current knowledge of competitive channel programs and incentives.
• Manage and provide input for revision of partner application and Partner locator tool.
• Provide oversight and guidance to Channel inquiries via Channel Support alias.
• Use industry knowledge to evaluate trends, partner values, cultural shifts and behaviors to ensure programs are carefully thought through.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 10+ years’ experience working with and developing partner programs for evolving technology companies, preferable with a large organization that has a complex global channel ecosystem with a variety of partner types.
• Experience and familiar with requirements of managing a partner program for a public company.
• Experience building or operating in multi-type and multi-tier partner programs that include the world’s leading Global System Integrators, Infrastructure providers, Service Providers, ISVs, Technology partners and the broader Channel Partner community.
• Rich understanding of financial models, budgeting, program ROI and other metrics that demonstrate program effectiveness.
• Experience developing programs for partners selling perpetual and aaS offers.
• Experience with key partner systems: WebInfinity, Channel Mechanics, Salesforce.com, and Oracle.
• Project management skills and strong attention to details.
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Team player with proven track record in working effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Strong ability to influence at all levels, internally and externally.
• Creative with a drive to build something new.